I am on a campaign – a mission, if you will – for us to get a dog.
Image from justdog.org
I even named our future dog; meet Olaf. Here is a rundown of tactics I’ve used to convince my husband that we absolutely need to get a puppy:
3. Logical conversations
4. Extolling the virtues of a puppy
5. Pretend carrying a puppy and pretend scratching its ears
6. Dropping hints that I want a dog
7. Flat out saying that I want a dog
8. Threatening to get a cat
9. Talking about my previous dogs
10. Giving a name to the future dog
My husband has thus responded with, “I think what you really want is a baby.”
It’s either he knows me extremely well or he’s an evil genius.